Last Sunday, the 9th of October, saw the London Pen Show, held once more at the Hammersmith Novotel. Despite the weather forecast being for rain, it proved to be a dry though chilly day, which of course was moot once we were inside and wandering round.
While a number of the regulars and recent big attendees, such as Cult Pens, were not present, it was good to see an increase in the number of vendors, some being new, some returning. A few of the owners of foreign stores were also spotted wandering around, chatting with those who had made it over to see what problems, if any, there were with moving produce from and to Europe. Hopefully we will see them once more behind tables at future shows.
From what I could tell, the visitor numbers were up, certainly there appeared to be more people around. Amongst the new tables present were Shibui-North (Ruth Bolton), Nine – Bespoke Pens, Gravitas Pens (Ben Walsh) (sharing a table with Jose Munuera) and from India, Magna Carta. Additionally, after a very long gap, Bespoke British Pens were back in Union Flag waist coat glory, now officially as Conway Stewart.
So what did I get …..
- The book stand is a Toyooka Craft sold through Vince at Turners Workshop. It was interesting to meet and have a quick chat with Toru-san (?) who was over for the show, bringing more produce with him.
- The inks are Diamine Sunset (from from Pure Pens (also know as Niche Pens and Pelikan Pens)) and was free with the glass dip pen bottom left. The other ink is Robert Oster Blood Moon, an exclusive for the Fountain Pens are Inkredible FaceBook group.
- The two sacs are from Vintage Pen Parts and will hopefully be used shortly on a couple of project pens.
- Magna Carta Denima with a broad (I believe – Japanese sized) nib.
- Rosetta by Nine – Bespoke Pens.
- Sailor King of Pen Sunset over the Ocean, bought from Write Here.
So a few shots of individual tables:
As always I enjoyed the social side to the show and it took me close to two hours to get around the first time as I kept bumping in to people I know and chatting.
And now some shots from around the show.
Time to save up for the Spring Show… hopefully see a few of you there.